Friday, January 14, 2011

I Confessed

I started this blog without telling The Viking. I figured, since he's not that techie, rarely on Twitter and loathes Facebook, that he'd never find out. But then, paths of friends started to cross and he befriended my friend Kim, who's also a blogger. (You can read her hilarity HERE.)

So being the overly panicked person I am, I began to think: I'm following Kim, Kim follows me, what if, one night at the bar, she mentions she read the blog I posted on his inability to pick up after himself? BUSTED!

I stayed awake thinking of this one night and finally figured I had to come clean and fess up. I'm not sure how it came up but I remember his face when I said, "Okay I have to confess....." Poor guy, I can only imagine what went through his head.

He took it as I thought he would. "Well, what can I do?" he said. It bothers him a bit that I tweet out and blog about our life together because as he said, he "likes to stay private." Yet, we re-connected on Facebook and when our status changed to "in a relationship" you'd think it was national news. Our pages exploded with comments and now that I'm working in social media, he knows it is something he cannot avoid.

Our life (bits and pieces) will be thrown out on the web and since he knows, now I can share this video of him thinking he's a rapper.



By the way, this blog will never really be approved by the Viking.

3 comments:

  1. HA! Hope the Viking losens up a bit. When I first met Bobina, she was wary of internets stuff, now she blogs and tweets and so forth. She's very encouraging towards my web antics. Keep writing. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks!!! I will. He's on twitter so I'm slowing working him in.

    Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete